Friday, September 21, 2007

Workstations

We all know how expensive studio workstations are & frankly, the few I've owned have been pretty shoddy in terms of their strength & durability, and what's with the black on black anyway? Again from Ikea Hacker is this tremendous set up utilizing the Vika system & Lack shelf with some very clever modifications. Even if you don't need the sliding keyboard the Vika itself, combined with the racks outlined below would make for a great, low cost workstation (and one that the significant other might actually approve of).

2 comments:

m.r. said...

Great idea. Looks very clean and minimalist. Unfortunately my desktop is a little more crowded. I also have a two tier keyboard stand, my MicroKorg is sitting on a shelf and my drum machines are next to the korg. I will definitely need to organize my studio.

Philip Barrett said...

I'm waiting for the Ikea stuff to re-stock at my local then I will be doing a similar project.